Technical and business-savvy front-end web developer with over fifteen-years experience.
Works well with developers, designers, user experience professionals, product and program managers to conceive and construct great things.
- HTML (HTML5)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3)
- Angular 2
- Velocity Template Language
- Rapid Prototyping
- Content Management Systems
- Search Engine Optimization
- Responsive Web Design
- Agile Development Methodology
Daybreak Games Company
Senior Web Developer April 2017 - Present
Web developer for Daybreak's Platform team, supporting the marketing of, and community around, the company's family of games.
- Working with the company's in-house content management system, built marketing sites for esport tournaments, including:
- Launched Just Survive, which was formerly a sub-site alongside H1Z1.
- Various web updates to support marketing initiatives and product launches.
Senior Front-End Web Engineer July 2015 - March 2017
Front-end developer dedicated to building the user-interface layout and UI components for GoPro's Quik for Desktop application.
- Built HTML/CSS (Sass) screens for the application's UI. Major components including:
- Complex layouts with fixed, responsive, and layered elements, for media management, playback, and editing
- Drop-down and contextual (right-click) menus
- Custom form elements: inputs, ranges, sliders, progress indicators
- Drag and drop elements
- Animations and transitions
- Architected, wrote, and compiled, the application's HTML and SCSS code.
- Focus on code and element reusability, and UI performance - perceived speed, and user feedback.
Senior Front-End Web Developer July 2013 - July 2015
- Redesigned enterprise reporting dashboards to be responsive to screen size and device capabilities.
- Converted CSS code base of an enterprise-scale application using Sass/Compass.
Staff Engineer, UI/UX Lead April 2013 - July 2013
- Performed usability reviews of current and in-the-pipeline products.
- Built functional prototypes, including one for a document management application.
The Active Network
Associate Manager, Software Engineering January 2012 - April 2013
Front-end architect tasked with creating standards, patterns, best practices, and reusable components for the company's many consumer web properties.
Developed a comprehensive style guide and pattern/component library for the Active Network's consumer web properties in conjunction with the company's brand relaunch. Sites that are using the guide include:
Responsive Web Development
- Created a responsive, mobile-friendly look and feel for WannaDo.com.
- Through discussions and presentations, worked to convince upper management of the need for Active.com to be a responsive site in its next iteration.
- Consulted on the development of redesigned Active Advantage with pages that are responsive to the user's browser/device dimensions.
- As a hackathon project, developed a mobile-friendly game, "Active Monkeys", to encourage an active lifestyle and healthy eating habits among children.
Development Manager December 2009 - December 2011
Responsible for Web UI Development team across all of the Active Network's consumer-facing properties, content newsletters, and advertising emails.
Web Developer November 2000 - December 2009
- Member of the cross-functional team that led design and development of the successful effort to optimize Active.com for registration conversions.
- Lead developer on the Active.com property - coding and overseeing major redesigns, minor tweaks, and everything in-between. As a ColdFusion developer, also maintained the site's publishing tools for both content and commerce.
Front-end developer on iHoops.com, a high-profile youth basketball site, built in partnership with the NBA and NCAA, and backed by a national promotional campaign.
- Built What's Your Active, a photo and video sharing community, on top of the FileMobile platform.
- Sony Run Group, a community for runners, was built out on the ONESite social platform.
- Active.com's community platform, which included forums, blogs, wikis, and integrated profiles, was built using Jive Software.
- Demonstrated the social media landing page concept to internal stakeholders, and developed it for a major advertising client as Make It Pink!, promoting Susan G. Komen for the Cure events.
- Prototyped and developed the use of the AOL Rising Star "Project Devil" placement for Active.com, which became a significant new revenue source.
Web Developer July 2006 - January 2007
- Redesigned the corporate site for aesthetics, ease-of-use, and search engine optimization.
- Customized open-source forum software for a customer support message board.
Booz Allen & Hamilton
Senior Consultant February 1998 - October 2000
- Software Development Manager for Capability Maturity Model Level II effort; wrote plans and standard-operating procedures for software development activities.
- Presented detailed design documents for a knowledge management system to the firm's senior leadership.
Washington University in St. Louis
1990 - 1994
English Literature minor